Our Mission

We dedicate ourselves and our facilities to provide our members and guests with the finest experience in recreation and hospitality. Our focus is on exceeding the expectations of everyone who visits our club. We will: Encourage, teach, and perpetuate the practice of archery in the spirit of good sportsmanship among all people; Encourage and teach the proper, safe and legal use of a bow and arrow in sport hunting of all legal fish, birds, and animals, while adhering to the rules of “Fair Chase”; Cooperate with all wildlife and conservation organizations in the proper management and protection of all game and non-game animals, birds or fish.

Our Values

We CARE
about our members and our guests.
We CARE
about maintaining a positive social and archery experience.
We CARE
about continuous improvement and innovation.
We CARE
about community responsibility.

C. – Commitment
A. – Accountability
R. – Respect
E. – Excellence

About Us

Lincoln Park Archers was established in the mid fifties by a group of dedicated bow hunters. It has changed and evolved many times over the years.

If you think you may want to join our club, please feel free to attend one of our meetings. They are held the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM right here at Camp Dawson.

The club offers an indoor and outdoor range. We also run a winter league. We also do some volunteer work to promote the sport of archery. An example of this would be archery lessons for the kids every year.

Other benefits include great camaraderie between club members, the opportunity to greatly increase your knowledge and ability to work on bows, and of course, improve your hunting/shooting skills. We also run various social events that family members and friends can get involved in.

As with any club/organization, there are also certain requirements that must be met to stay in good standing as a club member. They are listed on the membership page. It is our opinion that the rewards of membership far exceed the requirements.

Our Officers

  • Ken Book – President
  • Mike Fried – VP
  • Bob Calabro – Treasurer
  • Dan Pasquariello – Corresponding  Secretary
  • Joe Lorenti – Recording Secretary

Our History

Between 1955 and 1956, no one is quite sure, a small group of dedicated bow hunters started meeting at each other’s houses in the Lincoln Park area.

New Jersey had a newly established bow season and these bowmen were interested in adding to their meager knowledge and in meetings others who had the same interest. This group of 18 to 20 men formed the core of what was to soon become the Lincoln Park Archers.

After two years of meeting in each other’s houses, they started to have scheduled meetings at Henry’s Café in Lincoln Park. Upon the adoption of the first set of bylaws on June 5, 1958 the Lincoln Park Archers was created. The club continued to meet at Henry’s Café and had the use of a piece of land of Indian Lane in Towaco for a range, which the chapter members built.

The club expanded to 50 members in 1960 and at about that same time acquired the right to build a range on the YMCA property at Camp Dawson. At first, the club was only allowed to use this location once a week and not at all on weekends. The meetings were held in the upstairs portion of the barn, which was neither insulated, nor heated. This did not stop the club from growing and before long the YMCA became aware of the value of having the club on their property. They extended the times we could use the range and before long there were no limits and the club added bathrooms to the barn and starting having sanctioned shoots. To improve the club further, they heated the downstairs where meetings and indoor shoots occurred.

The club also purchased a tractor for the YMCA to help in the maintenance of the grounds. The membership was again expanded in 1971 to the current limit of 75 members. This helped support the continued growth of the ranges and the work needed to maintain the organization.

The Lincoln Park Archers have hosted several state championships and bow hunter festivals. We also hold the attendance records for many of these events.

The club has been and is the home of some of the finest archers and best bow hunters in the East. We continue to be with the dedicated and unselfish help of each of the current members.
We owe it to those that preceded us as members to at least maintain it and if possible to improve it.

Original bylaws adopted by the charter members on June 5th 1958

Founding Charter Officers
President: George McCabe
Vice President: Wm. Becher
Secretary: Edward Gallagher
Corresponding Secretary: Marion M. Boggess